Posts tagged 22ndC
Posts tagged 22ndC
I present to you, from the archives of the best Sherlock adaptations ever: the first episode of Sherlock Holmes of the 22nd Century. And a link to the rest. Elementary fans, Sherlock fans, you can thank me later.
Everyone should watch this. Watch it now.
OMG THERE’S A SEXY TRAFFIC COP COMPUDROID AND SHE JUST HIT ON WATSON I CAN’T
OH WAIT IT’S JUST HOLMES
NO WAIT SHERLOCK HOLMES JUST DRESSED UP AS A DROID AND HIT ON WATSON
"Oh no, not that dead detective!"
Oh Grayson, you’re so terrible.
omfg Holmes just got a phone call and he didnt want to answer so he just redirected it straight to Watson
god that droid puts up with so much
Watching SH22 again and man this show.
A virtual reality fish and chip shop? Like any Londoner would want more than: Fish. Chips. Salt. Vinegar. And can I get one of those little wooden spoons, luv?
Also Holmes and Watson being baffled about modern art is lol.
guys i just remembered the existence of Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century
guess what i’m gonna finish watching after this season of Voyager
So here’s basically my favorite clip from Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century So far.
Help I’m trapped in the 22ndC tag and everything is hilarious.
shotdrink* every time:
holmesanyone says “eyes and brains”
- watson trips over/gets knocked down by something stupid (take two if it happened right after he did something badass)
- lestrade sounds
constipatedway more angry than the situation warrants
- someone quotes the original books in a really ham-fisted way
- holmes says “elementary”
- watson says “oh my!” or “i say!”
- lestrade sounds oddly canadian
- holmes understands tennyson’s 90s-dialup-internet-noise speak for no describable reason
- anyone mocks lestrade’s driving and/or penchant for causing property damage
- lestrade ends a sentence like a question when it’s not at all a question?
- holmes kicks someone’s ass with his cane
- the police are referred to as “yardies”
- finish the bottle when the villain of the week turns out to be moriarty
*changed to protect your liver
Casually bringing this to the attention of the Oxlockians.
The only problem with this is that I have no idea when Lestrade sounds Canadian.
A productive couple of days! This completes my quintet of Holmeses and Watsons (the rest of which you can see by perusing my ponylock tag). Robowatson was quite satisfying to sculpt and paint; after some dithering I laid down the flat colours first and then added the metallic silver over the top, which worked quite nicely. I’m also tremendously proud of his bowler. By comparison Holmes was both boring and irritating. His hair was particularly obnoxious and took several coats to stop looking unfortunately ginger.
They could both do with touching up in places but I am le tired so that will have to wait for some other time.
why does robowatson even wear a bowler
is it just welded to his head or something