Posts tagged 22ndC
Posts tagged 22ndC
So here’s basically my favorite clip from Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century So far.
Help I’m trapped in the 22ndC tag and everything is hilarious.
shotdrink* every time:
holmesanyone says “eyes and brains”
- watson trips over/gets knocked down by something stupid (take two if it happened right after he did something badass)
- lestrade sounds
constipatedway more angry than the situation warrants
- someone quotes the original books in a really ham-fisted way
- holmes says “elementary”
- watson says “oh my!” or “i say!”
- lestrade sounds oddly canadian
- holmes understands tennyson’s 90s-dialup-internet-noise speak for no describable reason
- anyone mocks lestrade’s driving and/or penchant for causing property damage
- lestrade ends a sentence like a question when it’s not at all a question?
- holmes kicks someone’s ass with his cane
- the police are referred to as “yardies”
- finish the bottle when the villain of the week turns out to be moriarty
*changed to protect your liver
Casually bringing this to the attention of the Oxlockians.
The only problem with this is that I have no idea when Lestrade sounds Canadian.
A productive couple of days! This completes my quintet of Holmeses and Watsons (the rest of which you can see by perusing my ponylock tag). Robowatson was quite satisfying to sculpt and paint; after some dithering I laid down the flat colours first and then added the metallic silver over the top, which worked quite nicely. I’m also tremendously proud of his bowler. By comparison Holmes was both boring and irritating. His hair was particularly obnoxious and took several coats to stop looking unfortunately ginger.
They could both do with touching up in places but I am le tired so that will have to wait for some other time.
why does robowatson even wear a bowler
is it just welded to his head or something
How the hell am I going to give this horse a monocle.
Glasses were bad enough.
Progress on Robowatsonpony. In the end I went for no tail. I guess I’m probably going to have to try and put a bowler on this idiot tomorrow.
Starting on Robowatsonpony.
If I don’t come back, tell my mum hello.
THIS EPISODE RAISES FASCINATING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PLACE AND STATUS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN MODERN SOCIETY
ALL OF WHICH WILL BE FORGOTTEN BY NEXT EPISODE BECAUSE THIS IS A CHILDREN’S CARTOON
Made a start on 22ndC!Holmes!pony today. I’ve forgotten how to horse.
Also I’m going to need more clay. But then I’ll have clay and no ponies.
Maybe I will do Bunny and Raffles ponies.
I really want to paint a Zingari blazer on a horse.
I also want one for myself.
SH22 was how I got into holmes! It really is veyr good, considering what it is! I jsut can’t accept people who hate it.
I won’t lie, it is incredibly enjoyable to watch. It just breaks my heart that the concept has so much potential to be a truly fantastic and deeply moving sci-fi epic but because it’s a children’s cartoon instead it’s just very silly.
I mean come on they never address the fact that Watson is a robot who thinks he’s a person. That’s got to mess with your mind.